Re: gEDA-user: Erroneous error message in gnucap

On Friday 03 February 2006 06:04, Hal2000 wrote:
> >It will be a good thing when we can move on, and put the
> > spice format behind.  Verilog-A support really will happen.
>
> At the risk of sounding ignorant - what is Verilog-A?  I've
> heard of Verilog, Verilog-2000, System Verilog, System-C,
> VHDL, ABEL and probably some others that I've forgotten
> about.  Is this yet another HDL?  I also  just read about a
> Python based HDL (see myhdl.com).

Verilog for analog.

Ultimately, gnucap really should do "Verilog-AMS".  AMS means
analog and mixed signal.  That is the full language, that
includes the traditional Verilog, System Verilog, etc. all in
one.

VHDL has similar variants.  VHDL-AMS is the most complete.
Again, AMS is analog and mixed signal.