Re: gEDA-user: Erroneous error message in gnucap

Al Davis wrote:
On Friday 03 February 2006 06:04, Hal2000 wrote:

It will be a good thing when we can move on, and put the
spice format behind.  Verilog-A support really will happen.

At the risk of sounding ignorant - what is Verilog-A? I've heard of Verilog, Verilog-2000, System Verilog, System-C, VHDL, ABEL and probably some others that I've forgotten about. Is this yet another HDL? I also just read about a Python based HDL (see myhdl.com).

Verilog for analog.

verilog-A can be extremely useful for simulating large systems. It's pretty easy to come up with a verilog-A model for a complex block which can dramatically speed up top level simulations when you're just checking for top level functionality. Its also a way to quickly develop models for devices.

-Dan