Re: gEDA-user: "gwave: undefined symbol: coop_global_curr", Gwave Install problem

Thanks, charles,  now gWave work for me.

 I want to share the experience with the one who was stucked by gwave
install problem.

If you have problme to make the source of gWave, or you have strange
error afer install gwave such as: "undefined symbol:
coop_global_curr", this is definitely because you guile and guile-gtk
didn't setup properly.

The most common case is that we install guile and guile-gtk several
times from different ways, from sourcecode or from different rpm
pacakges, which will install different copy of guile or guile-gtk in
different directory in our system.  Guile is very persnickity
about where teh various packages live.

In this case, we have to remove all the installed guile from the
system totally. you can use "locate guile" or "locate libguile" to see
where is the guile and remove it manually.

I strongly recommend that install the guile and guile-gtk from the rpm
package available at http://www.telltronics.org/pub/guile/, which is
the website from the developer of gWave.

I dig these information out from the old mail archieve in here,
http://www.mail-archive.com/geda-dev@xxxxxxxx/msg04364.html, thanks to
Stuart Brorson who posted it.