Re: gEDA-user: Viewdraw conversion

On 2/10/06, Stuart Brorson <sdb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]

IMHO, you should just write a translator.  It can't be too hard to
write something in Perl or Python.  Since the Viewdraw format is
ASCII, and the formats are similar, you may just need to write a
line-by-line translator, which would be relatively easy.  The program
would just take a Viewdraw file as input and write a gEDA file as
output (or vice-versa).  Don't bother
trying to graft the Viewdraw file format directly into gEDA.  That
would be difficult and unnecessary since a translator would acheive
your goal just as easily.

Finally, if you do write a translator, would you be willing to GPL it
and share it with the gEDA Project?

Interesting suggestion. If I manage to write the conversion script I'd be happy to GPL it. :-)

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Jung