Re: gEDA-user: Some (newbie?) problems GSpiceUI, PCB

Op zo, 12-02-2006 te 10:07 -0500, schreef DJ Delorie:
> > hid/lesstif/main.c:868: undefined reference to `_XmStrings'
>
> You need lesstif and lesstif-devel.  One has the [runtime] libraries,
> the other has the headers.
>
> There shouldn't be anything beyond that, aside from the usual X
> development stuff.  This is what I've got:
>
> lesstif-0.93.36-6.FC3.2.i386
> lesstif-devel-0.93.36-6.FC3.2.i386
> xorg-x11-devel-6.8.2-1.FC3.45.2.i386
> xorg-x11-libs-6.8.2-1.FC3.45.2.i386

Hmm, I have the following installed:

lesstif-0.93.94-4mdk
lesstif-devel-0.93.94-4mdk
libxorg-x11-6.9.0-5.2.20060mdk
libxorg-x11-devel-6.9.0-5.2.20060mdk

That should do it, shouldn't it? Still I get a huge number of "undefined
reference" errors. Perhaps my versions are too new or something?

> > I think this is a bit weird; according to the README file, the only
> > requirements should be X11R6, GNU M4, bison, and flex - and all
these
> > are present on my Mandriva 2006 system (kernel 2.6.12-12mdk).
>
> The README file is not appropriate for the HID stuff; it's on the list
> if things to be fixed when it gets merged back into the mainline
> sources.

OK, I was already afraid that I somehow overlooked something in the
README & INSTALL files ... I really hate it when I whine about
something, only to find the exact thing in some doc file - usually after
someone else kindly suggested to Read The Fine Manual ... Ah well, I'll
poke around a bit more when I have the time; my current PCB version is
usable, and the printing bugs are mostly annoying.

I'll first try to get GSPiceUI to build with Stuart Brorson's
suggestions - I'm presently digging around in the unpacked files from
the ISO image to change things appropriately, and to manually build this
one component (which, so far, hasn't been succesful either). I'll put
any questions about that in a reply to his message.

Regards,

Richard