Re: gEDA-user: quick question

kmk wrote:
Daniel Wisehart wrote:

Sigh - We gave up and purchased 2 Varicad seats. Costly, but it retired
the issue.
We chose Alibre, which has worked well for our mechanical designs. It is not
terribly expensive [...]

But it is windows only... :-|

Any detailed experiences with varicad?

Are there performance issues witgh the linux version? Their video demonstration "for linux" is
macromedia flash, which makes me doubt on how serious their commitment
to linux is.

---<(kaimartin)>---
Making the statement that it is doubtful that Alibre is not serious about Linux because their demo is in Macromedia Flash
makes absolutely no sense to me. Exactly, what is the connection between a company who demos their product in Flash
and their commitment to *any* particular operating system?

Best

Marvin