Re: gEDA-user: CY7C1041B symbol

> Looks great!

Now for the other dozens of board-specific chips...

> Are you suggesting putting licence attribs onto symbols and comments
> into PCB netlib footprints?  If so, that's fine with me, and is indeed
> a good idea.

Yes.

> As for PCB's treatment of comments, does PCB forward comments
> embedded in the newlib footprint in the .pcb file?  The last time I
> looked it didn't.

No, it doesn't.

> Maintining & forwarding comments is a desirable feature, and would
> facilitate the propagation of your idea.

PCB's file format and internal structure are not as flexible as I'd
like.  Adding generic attributes would be required just to be able to
read, propogate, and save them.  That doesn't include GUI ways of
changing them, or what PCB would do with them.  Although, "height"
sounds like a useful one.  Reflow parameters would be useful.

There are three text strings associated with elements, and they're
hardcoded to name, value, and description.  You can display *one* at a
time, and always in the same location.