Re: gEDA-user: noise analysis in ngspice?

On Feb 21, 2006, at 1:16 PM, John Doty wrote:

ngspice normally converts names to lower case, but apparently forgets to do so here, so your circuit has a source vac but noise looks for Vac. A bug, but just use lower case and you'll have no trouble. I don't know if anyone's paying attention to ngspice bug reports these days. Fortunately, bugs are few (fewer than I encountered in PSpice some years ago).

I should also note that ngspice, unlike any other SPICE I've used, does *two* analyses (spectrum and integral) for each noise command. Use the setplot command to get the one you want.

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx