Re: gEDA-user: noise analysis in ngspice?

AHA!  That did it.

And here I've been trying to hard to keep track of stuff like this, just in case...

Thank you so much.

-Ron

Werner Hoch wrote:

Hi Ron,

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 20:52, Ron Crummett wrote:

We are learning noise analysis in my communications circuits class
right now.  My instructor does simulations with WinSpice, but I try
using ngspice to do them as well.  Up until now it's worked great,
but noise analysis does not.  When I try to run a netlist that
includes noise analysis parameters in WinSpice it works fine, but in
ngspice I get errors, telling me "Noise input source Vac not found in
circuit" and then aborts the noise simulation.  I have attached my
netlist here for observation; what do I need to change?  Thanks.

-Ron Crummett

---------------
werner@werner-amd64:~/daten> ngspice -b xx.cir

Circuit: HW5_1.cir - EE 513, Assignment 5, Problem 1

Doing analysis at TEMP = 300.150000 and TNOM = 300.150000
Warning: vac: has no value, DC 0 assumed
        ^^^
ngspice lowercases the name of the voltage source

No. of Data Rows : 1
Doing analysis at TEMP = 300.150000 and TNOM = 300.150000
Warning: vac: has no value, DC 0 assumed
Warning: Noise input source Vac not in circuit
                           ^^^
But complains about an missing uppercase input source.

doAnalyses: not found

noise simulation(s) aborted
Note: No ".plot", ".print", or ".fourier" lines; no simulations run

If you write the source lowercase:
noise v(2) vac dec 20 10 10meg
          ^^^
it seams to work.