gEDA-user: A Suggestion FOR Karel

Karel,

Every now and then you send out a burst of email messages all at once.
 This time I think it was 33.  I realize that you are trying to follow
good netiquette and keep to the rule of having one subject per
message, which is helpful for searching threads in the archive.
However, dealing with 33 messages plus all of their responses can
become a bit time consuming for those of us on the list, not to
mention those who have to generate all those responses.  It is with
this in mind that I have the following suggestion for you:

Why don't you try to group your messages by category, and send one
message per category with all of the items in it.  This will reduce
the traffic load and still allow for good threading.  Here are some
categories I would suggest.  I think they will cover 99% of your
messages.

1 - Questions which are answered in the FAQ, the wiki, the
documentation, or in the list archives.

2 - Requests for features or settings which already exist.

3 - Bug reports for nonexistent bugs.

4 - Previously denied requests.

5 - Miscellaneous insults and snide remarks.

I was also going to suggest a sixth category,

6 - Patches, code, documentation, and/or help for other users.

but I don't think I've ever seen you send messages which would fall
into that category.  Anyway, I hope you find my suggestions helpful.

While I'm at it, I'd like to once again thank all the developers of
the programs discussed on this mailing list.  I have built a business
around products which I developed using those tools.  They're not
perfect but they make my life much easier.  I owe you all a lot, so
let me know when you're in the SF Bay Area so I can buy you dinner.

Thanks,
Matt