Re: gEDA-user: PCB milimeter coordinates

Em Qua 22 Fev 2006 18:18, DJ Delorie escreveu:
> > The optional milimeter coordinates in PCB are great! They allowed me
> > to select a suitable footprint for a SMD diode according to a
> > datasheet where the dimensions are printed in milimeters!
>
> It gets better.  I just created a footprint with some pins on mm grid
> and others on inch grid.  I laid out most of the footprint on the mm
> grid (well, 0.5mm), then switched to 0.1" grid to lay out the pins.  I
> selected all those pins, switched back to mm grid, pin-snapped to
> select one of them, then moved that pin onto the mm grid so it (and
> thus the other 0.1" pins) lined up with the other pins correctly.
>
> I still need to add mm support to the route styles dialog in the
> lesstif hid, though.  The other ones switch according to the grid
> setting, that one doesn't.

I dont like to route the board in mm, I allways route in inches, even when I
have mm footprint. Because of the wonderfull resource that atracts the cursor
to the pin, even when he is outside the grid, I really never needed to modify
my grid setting (I normally route with 25 mils).
What I miss is a resource to lock the grid settings. Thats because I use a lot
the F key (to look hows attached to a net) and F is the key next to G, so is
common to press G when I wanted to press F. The grid become 30 mils and the
route becomes strange. Normally I have to unroute a lot of work because I did
it in 30 mils...