Re: gEDA-user: PCB milimeter coordinates

Em Qua 22 Fev 2006 18:48, DJ Delorie escreveu:
> > I dont like to route the board in mm, I allways route in inches,
> > even when I have mm footprint.
>
> I've noted that some fabs have mm design rules, though, and sometimes
> you need to use mm track and space to meet them (like xscale with 6/6
> rules).  Part specs also tend to specify hole sizes and annuluses in
> 0.1mm increments.  Drills are often spec'd in mms.
>
> All that is controlled by that one dialog that doesn't support mm yet.

I allways configure PCB to increase the hole not in 5 mils step, but in 4 mils
step, and my footprints have drill size multiples of 4, so I have drills that
are very close to 0,1mm multiple. Thats because my pcbs fab have drill from
0,3mm to 3mm in 0,1mm steps.

> > What I miss is a resource to lock the grid settings.
>
> With the lesstif HID, you just take that accelerator out of your menu
> definition :-)
>
> Then you MUST use the menu to change grid settings.
>
> You can always change the sources ;-)

I agree, but I dont have sufficient IQ to do it... :D