gEDA-user: While we're bragging...

I received the following from the SPIE:

------
On behalf of the chairmen for the conference on “High Energy, Optical, and Infrared Detectors for Astronomy II” it is my pleasure to confirm acceptance of the abstract submission “An ASIC for delta sigma digitization of technical CCD video.”

High Energy, Optical, and Infrared Detectors for Astronomy II (6276) is part of the Astronomical Telescopes & Instrumentation meeting that will be held 24 - 31 May 2006 at the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort and Convention Center in Orlando, Florida USA.

PRESENTATION DETAILS

Paper Number: 6276-67
Please refer to this SPIE Paper/Code Number in all correspondence about the presentation or submission of this manuscript.

Presentation Type: poster
The decision of oral or poster presentation is made by the conference chair(s). If you are scheduled to present a poster, you will receive a follow-up email in about 2 months asking you to confirm your presentation.

Presentation Date:  25 May 2006
------

This is a project I've been doing with gschem, spice-sdb, and ngspice (also Mathematica). It's nearly ready to go to the layout contractor: I'm finishing off the top level design and tweaking the low levels for best performance. About 6000 transistors, and delta sigma converters need lots of clock cycles per conversion: simulating 1/4 of it takes about 6 minutes per converted pixel on a 2.4 GHz Athlon 64! Been running sims overnight, analyzing by day.

When I've written this up, I'll put it on line somewhere.

Thanks to all who contributed to gEDA! Now where's that web site for monetary contributions? Mathematica cost almost $2000, but for what I got out of it that's reasonable. gEDA was even more important...

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx