Re: gEDA-user: PCB & Gschem

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 04:18:05PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2006, at 4:14 PM, Marc Price wrote:
> > I dont think that anyone who has written these wiki has ever heared of
> >
> > KISS
> >
> > KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID
>
>   Yes.  There seems to be a subset of the prepubescent "'leet Linux
> Hacker" crowd which seems to get off on pulling "hey everyone look how
> clever I am" stunts.  It's irritating as all hell for us adults.

From Ronja I have a different experience - the more prepubescent, leet
and "hey everyone look how clever I am" a person is, the more relevant
remarks regarding usability usually haves.

Another anitpattern in free software developers:
1) free software is cool, I want to help people become happy,
I will write some.
2) How to make them happy? Make the software good. Let's set good
software as our goal to make us happy
3) Create an idea what a perfect software should look like
4) forget 1
5) Someone sends in a criticism describing his problems? Treat is a an
attempt to deflect you from goal set in (2) and consider it an attack
on your happiness
6) Writing the software is not a fun anymore, the software becomes cold.
Blame it on the users encountered in (5)

The real cause of the unhappiness is deflection from the original goal
set in (1). Fix to this problem is to accomodate the software to the
users instead of trying to accomodate the users to the software. The
happiness then comes back again. And reasons for quarrels on mailing
lists go away with removal of their cause ;-)

CL<