Re: gEDA-user: footprints

When Protel is a POS, does Protel have also m4 vs. newlib footprints or
equivalent arbitrary problem?

CL<

I own an protel license. (99) I've built dozens of successful different boards with it.

If you are silly enough to use a Protel symbol without checking it in detail you are in for a world of pain. Things like TO220 packages with
via-size pins. The only way you get useable output is to have a custom personal library. Thats valuable. Its commercial. People don't share the libraries that much.

And you had to purchase schematic and PCB and autorouter separately (at least then).

This seems to be a case where the argument is based on 'should be like' not fact.

If the existing gEDA documentation irritates you so much then please rewrite (some of) it. If others agree its better I'm sure it will be accepted.
john