Re: gEDA-user: ESR of 2.2u ceramic capacitor

On Sunday 26 February 2006 02:52, John Doty wrote:

> When the HETE ground station at Kwajalein was first put into service
> in 2000, the RF preamps had a very short life span. Apparently the
> Kwajalein Missile Range occasionally pointed a megawatt radar in our
> direction :-0. I was thinking 12AT7, but we found a commercial solid
> state preamp that could take the punishment.

Would it not have been possible to filter the input for high-power spikes
before the pre-amp? Just curious.

I'm interested to hear that you work on space systems -- it's the field I want
to get into when I graduate. :)

Peter

--
Quake II build tools: http://peter-b.co.uk/

v2sw6YShw7$ln5pr6ck3ma8u6/8Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Eb8Aen5+6g6Pa2Xs5MSr5p4
  hackerkey.com