Re: gEDA-user: A Suggestion FOR Karel

Hi Jason and all,

[snip]
>One good thing about bugzilla for tracking bugs, is that everyone gets a
>vote as to whether a bug submission should be fixed, and ownership can
>easily be assigned.  I have personally setup bugzilla at my work, and it
>really was not very hard to setup or configure.  I don't know much about
>Mantis, but bugzilla is really good for a large group of developers, and can
>easily handle the separation of each of the geda projects.  It also forces
>you to split a project into components which is also a useful feature.

	I will not advocate Bugzilla or mantis or any other bug tracking
software for gEDA that I have to install/maintain.  Why?  Because I simply
do not have the time to install, configure, and maintain it and nobody
has really stepped forward to volunteer for such unappreciated tasks.
I have been spending way too much of my time maintaining infrastructure
(instead of coding and bug fixing) and quite frankly nobody seems to
care about such things anyways (or rather I should state that nobody
wants to help with such things).  I've been considering tossing any gEDA
infrastructure that I have to maintain in favor of either somebody else
maintaining it or simply living without it.

	In other news... I have taken steps to getting a new bug
tracker for gEDA/gaf (which I won't have to maintain at all), so please
standby and I'll post a link once it is up and running.

	I do agree that the mailing list are for not bug submitting
and after the gEDA/gaf bug tracker goes live, I will ask that all bugs
be submitted to the tracker and not the mailing list.

README README README

Please note, that PCB does have a bug tracker so please submit all
bugs there.

**People who fail to use an existing mechanism will be removed from
the list.**

README README README

As you can tell, my patience is almost gone too.

						-Ales