Re: gEDA-user: A Suggestion FOR Karel

>Quote from Lucas Vogelsang <lucasvo@xxxxxx> a few days ago on this list:
>/--------------
>|I don't know why you don't have one, but I think it would be a big
>| help. If you don't have time/serverspace/knowledge/whatever, I can
>| help you set one up.
>| lucas
>\-----------
>
>So he applied for the job as geda bug tracking manager. It seems to me,
>that he even offered serverspace.

Ehrm, "I can help you set one up" is quite different from "I am going to
serve as the geda bug tracking manager and maintain the server/software".
I can set one up too, but I don't want to maintain it.

Not to criticize or complain about Lucas' offer (thanks btw), but I've
seen offers like this before many times and historically I haven't had
much success in getting long term commitments.

Basically my philosophy is if you want to contribute something/anything:
just do it.  Don't bother asking if it is okay and don't spark flame
fests on geda-user -- just do it.  For evidence of this, just look at
all the high successful patches/programs/contributions people have done:
they pretty much did the work on their own and these have been *extremely*
well received and appreciated by the community.

								-Ales

PS. As mentioned the last post, I have taken the steps to setting up the
    bug tracker for gEDA, so further comments/flames can be sent to
    /dev/null.  Thanks.