Re: gEDA-user: pintype of hidden power-pins

Hi Holger,

El dom, 26-02-2006 a las 22:19 +0100, Holger Oehm escribiÃ:
> On Sunday 26 February 2006 19:09, Holger Oehm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > some symbols (like 74/7408-1.sym) have hidden power pins.
> > If I use them, "gnetlist -g drc2 control.sch -o -" complains
> > about pins with pintype 'unknown'.
> > How would I specify (in my schematic or in the symbol) that
> > the pin 14 is not only connected to the net +5V, but also is of
> > type 'pwr'?
> >
> > Thank you for your help!
> > Best,
> > Holger.
>
> I dug into the sources myself and it looks to me that there is
> no simple solution for this problem.
> I found out that pins which are created by the net= attribute simply
> cannot have any other attribute (they are not there as an OBJECT).
> One fix could be, to supply a default value for the pintype attribute
> for these pins in g_netlist.c, like the following change in
[snip]

You are right. AFAIK there is no way to specify the pintype of hidden
pins. However, I don't remember any case in which the hidden pins were
not power pins, so I think that setting the default pintype value of
hidden pins to pwr is ok.
If there are no comments about this in a few days, I will review the
patch and commit the changes into CVS.

Thanks for your work and the attached patch!!

Carlos