Re: gEDA-user: OFF: triac

DJ Delorie wrote:

Also, I meant to say "alternistor" not alternac.  They have better
zero-crossing snubbing than a regular triac, but I'll probably switch
to a ZC opto for the next board (looking at the Toshiba SMT ones;
they're much smaller).

DJ - If you redo the pcb - please consider reworking the physical layout so all the mains stuff is physically separated from the logic-level stuff that people might come into contact with. A mains wire breaking / falling out of the screw terminal and touching control wiring can have interesting consequences.

Adding a few hole pairs in the board to cable tie down the mains wires
is also cheap insurance.

I don't want to see PCB progress adversely affected here.
john