Re: gEDA-user: OFF: triac

Leva wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:32:32 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Been there, done that.  http://www.delorie.com/house/furnace/

The optos were MOC3011's, the alternacs (like triacs, but can handle
inductive loads too) were digikey Q2015L6-ND's.

That is what I am looking for! I decided to use the MOC3063, becouse I'd like to run it from 230VAC mains.

This does not make much sense to me.
As I understand it a zero crossing opto turns on just after the start of a cycle. Like a good solid state relay. Your previous mail said you want to modulate power, which assumes you are not switching at zero crossing, but later. Which do you want?

john

Thank you.

Levente