Re: gEDA-user: OFF: triac

Leva wrote:
As I understand it a zero crossing opto turns on just after the start of
a cycle. Like a good solid state relay. Your previous mail said you want to modulate power, which assumes you are not switching at zero crossing, but later. Which do you want?

I think one can make power modulation with both types. With zero crossing something like this: "switch on for one cycle, switch off for 3 cycles... and so on." Difference is only in timings. Am I right? I guess I go for the zero crossing type to produce less noise on the mains network, since I run audio equipments too. Levente

This should be ok for your application. Last thing I did like this needed 50 cycle output, requiring phase control. Similarly a light dimmer would flicker annoyingly. I'd be suprised if the reflow oven objected to the flicker though.
john