Re: gEDA-user: Re: dxf?

Carlos Nieves Ãnega wrote:
El mar, 06-02-2007 a las 16:31 -0800, Dave N6NZ escribiÃ:
Importing board outlines and
mounting hole placement seems like useful functionality, and is a limited goal that I could probably accomplish. If other people would find that functionality useful, I will look into it.
Yes. The case I can think of is a box. DXF is somewhat available for enclosure drawings, things like hinges, handles, standoffs -- things that have function in an electrical enclosure.

I've never seen a DXF for a transformer or even a terminal block... they seem to be documented with .pdf (postscript). But I would like to be able to use a detailed 2D DXF drawing of a view of a dust proof enclosure, for instance.

John Griessen