Re: gEDA-user: hidden gui "state" in PCB (gtk-hid)?

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Matt Ettus wrote:

>When using the gtk-hid for PCB, I see some strange behaviors every now
>and then.  For example, usually when I press "z", it usually zooms.
>However, sometimes it gives me the message "click on focus for zoom"
>or something like that, forcing me to either click, or to press "z"
>for a second time.  It will be in this alternate mode for a while, and
>then will go back without warning.

I can confirm this. When the mosue cursor is on the drawing and I press
"z", it works fine. When the cursor is over menus or buttons, pressing
"z" disables all controls (layer selection, menus, everything) then
pressing "z" again enables them and zooms. I get the same with "Z" as
well. However, I've never seen the "click on focus for zoom" message.

<snip>

>Any ideas?  I am using CVS as of 2 days ago.

I'm using an older CVS, but I remember having this issue for long; it's
easy to get used to it once you find out where you shouldn't press "z" :)