gEDA-user: Support for heterogeneous symbols?

Hi All,

I am evaluating gEDA and came across one feature I am extensively using today with a commercial EDA tool when dealing with large components, like SOC, FPGAs and ASICs: heterogeneous symbols.

I searched the doc, the mailing lists and the Web but could not find how I could create and use such symbols with gschem and gnetlist.

> Heterogeneous devices are non-identical symbols that represent
> different parts of the same device for REFDES and layout purposes.
> They can be tied together by the same 'HETERO=DEVICE1,DEVICE2...'
> attribute on each device.  Typical examples include:
>
>   - large complex logic devices split between multiple symbols
>     because of space constraints;
>
>   - multi-function devices split so that each different functional
>     block has its own symbol (relays, for instance);

Does gschem support such a way to deal with large devices?
If the answer is yes, then how?
If the answer is no, then how are people dealing with it?

Thanks,
_jP