Re: gEDA-user: Re: dxf?

Igor2 wrote:
I'll need to find some way in the
HID API to provide interface for the user to run scripts (like tiling
scripts). For exporting it's easy, the export dialog is extensible. I
think there should be a similar Import interfce and a 3rd one, which I
can't find a good name for, to run plugin functions that would not
import/export but would change the PCB itself.

Of course. I tested some of the first efforts you made.
You have a hook in the source code now so you can use
the GPMI library, right? To me it seems the import interface
is just the idea of the outward acting HID API functions. Once we get the
inward acting ones done, they would not have to be just one way... We could call it the external in out interface or some such language. You are wanting
a no compile way to hook in -- that's great! Perhaps a c coded plugin could do the interfacing to GPMI? It would not be a very specific plugin, just a presenting of the internal function names so external scripts could use them by name and parameter list as in a subroutine call.

Does GPMI convert all the many ways in scripts to define a subroutine call to one form? If so, that one form could be what the "scriptio" plugin transforms into a HID API function call.

I will help some more with testing. I gave DJ's plugin code examples a look, ( * RenumberBlock * Teardrops ), and they are maybe obvious to him, but the c language without comments was opaque to me... I will welcome a script interface.

John Griessen