gEDA-user: [pcb] embedding raster image size in png exports

Can PCB export raster files like the png with an embedded image size so that print software can recognize a 1:1 scale?

I can get images exported at the right raw pixel dimensions I want, but when I open them in other applications, they come up as 72 dpi, making them way out of scale, and usually auto-scaled to fit either the paper of the screen ... blah. Any advice on getting raw prints out of this beast at 1:1 would be great.

Also, out of curiosity, what does "xy-max" that appears in the png export dialog in PCB do?

Phil Taylor