Re: gEDA-user: Re: LED 100 != 5mm LED ?

On 2/12/07, Andy Peters <devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 12, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Mark Rages wrote:

> On 2/12/07, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I trust only footprints I made myself and triple checked for
>> consistency
>> with the specs. Is this bizarre?
>>

> It seems wasteful for all gEDA users to be doing this.

I agree with this ... there's no point in reinventing the wheel.

However, when an install of pcb comes with a warning that there are
errors in the m4 libraries, yet doesn't say what footprints have
errors (not to mention: why haven't these errors been fixed?), leads
one to simply not trust the provided libraries at all.

-a

Yes, if there are errors, there should be a bug filed in the tracker at pcb.sf.net. That's what I did when I encountered footprint bugs, and they were fixed quickly. So maybe rather than a heroic effort to proofread all the footprints, we should encourage users to file bugs on them if they find a problem. Then the offending footprints can be fixed or removed.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
 - fortune cookie