Re: gEDA-user: Re: LED 100 != 5mm LED ?

On Feb 12, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Mark Rages wrote:

On 2/12/07, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I trust only footprints I made myself and triple checked for consistency
with the specs. Is this bizarre?

It seems wasteful for all gEDA users to be doing this.

I agree with this ... there's no point in reinventing the wheel.

However, when an install of pcb comes with a warning that there are errors in the m4 libraries, yet doesn't say what footprints have errors (not to mention: why haven't these errors been fixed?), leads one to simply not trust the provided libraries at all.

-a