Re: gEDA-user: Re: LED 100 != 5mm LED ?

On 2/12/07, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I trust only footprints I made myself and triple checked for consistency with the specs. Is this bizarre?

It seems wasteful for all gEDA users to be doing this.

Wouldn't you find this bizarre: "I print only with fonts I made myself
and triple checked for consistency."  If I said that, you might
consider me a control freak with too much time on my hands.  For
similar reasons, I think a board design application should come with a
tested library of popular footprints.  Now, having been burned a
couple times by broken footprints in pcb, I now check closely before
sending the board off. I think we can agree that this is an
undesirable situation.  (I also realize that footprint library
maintenance is hard work, and I'm not volunteering.)

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
 - fortune cookie