I think a board design application should come with a
tested library of popular footprints.

ack. It should be like that. But alas,

The collection at geda-symbols.org
is a good idea, too. I will contribute my share, once my

I like the gedasymbols.org concept. Almost no rules, so anyone can use it.

What if we made some easy to copy page frame or section that is a mini Wiki,
for the purpose of adding use test results to footprints? It should be compact and not open a whole other page, but expand in the right column next to one of the footprints only when asked for. It could contain cells for kinds of tests, dates and signatures of some sort.

John G