Re: gEDA-user: DRC/rat quirks

> That's one.  Another is that the rats for a net don't go away unless
> you can get your line to end exactly the right place, which doesn't
> work for me even with "snap to pad".

I'd like to see a test case for this.

> Also, the rat wire should give visual feedback as you route a net --
> rats to routed pads should disappear as you place tracks that
> complete segments.

With the lesstif HID, you could call the rats-optimize action on each
mouse button release ;-)

> As for the DRC, I've played with a few boards.  Each time I end up
> with at least one rat wire going between two pads which I can't
> route because the auto-DRC won't let me onto the second pad.

It's also sensitive to which side you started on.  Start on the pad
that's already wired in, and connect to the one that isn't.  Also
check your netlist.  Still, a test case would help.

Me, I don't use auto-drc.  I use the 'o' key to tell me when I screwed
up, plus the 'f' key to highlight what I'm *supposed* to be routing
to.

> There's another thread going on where someone is concerned about
> trusting a new feature in PCB when fabbing a board.

Because the postscript and pdf prints, on screen, have faint lines
between slices, and I didn't know if the DRCbots were going to
complain about them.