Re: gEDA-user: VMPlayer Image

Craig Niederberger wrote:
*Yes*.  My EECS students prefer to run linux inside vmware, as they
typically have laptops with single drives.

Joshua Boyd wrote: > What VMware does very right is that it allows you to easily move virtual > machines, in the form of images, from one machine to another.

I heard from a professor that the concept of offering server machines loaded with gEDA and such was a dead issue because of VMware's market share and popularity for avoiding installation time, and just using huge areas of disks
as tools. I suppose some people might have 5 or so disk images they use in order to avoid integrating it all and getting 5 tools/entertainment_programs that way. Is that a good guess?

Is VMware's emulation now THAT good, that the usual 2GHz+ hardware has no trouble with it? and they offer a freebie now? (If you get someone else's image)

How many images can run at once with "Player"?
Is that their marketing ploy? If you want real convenience, you need a VMware license?

John G