Re: gEDA-user: LEF Parser. License questions

On Sunday 18 February 2007 09:57, Raghu Kodali wrote:
>   I obtained the lefdefref.pdf from si2 website & half
> completed the parser using ANTLR.
>
> Are there any license constraints from cadence if I want to
> release my parser as GPL? I actually read through the license
> at the starting of the document. But as I am not a lawyer,
> could not make a decision.

It is your work.  You can release it under any license you want.

Si2 is not GPL friendly, not even open-source friendly.  They
have no control over software that you write, unless you are
funded by them.  Some of us would appreciate it a lot of you DO
release it GPL, to make a point.  GPL-3 is even better.

> I know that geda uses a LEF parser.

It does?   What for?