Re: gEDA-user: vhdl and gschem

On Sunday 18 February 2007 16:44, Dave McGuire wrote:
>    I really like this idea as an architectural concept.

The architectural concept is there now.  The December 2006
snapshot supports plug-ins.  The one that is coming extends it.

What I am not sure about is how much to link in to the main
executable by default.  Modules that can be plug-ins can be
static linked if you want.  It is simply a matter of specifying
in the Makefile whether to link it or not.  If you choose not
to link it you can attach it later.  If you do link it, and
want to override it, just attach the new one and it will
override the built-in one.

I can see it now ....

Gnucap 2007.02.18 RCS 26.15
The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package
Never trust any version less than 1.0
Copyright 1982-2002, Albert Davis
Gnucap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome
to redistribute it under certain conditions
according to the GNU General Public License.
See the file "COPYING" for details.
clear
^ ? bad command
gnucap> build

build
^ ? bad command
gnucap> get

get
^ ? bad command
gnucap> list

list
^ ? bad command
gnucap> ac

ac
^ ? bad command
gnucap> tran

tran
^ ? bad command
gnucap> exit

exit
^ ? bad command
gnucap> quit

quit
^ ? bad command
gnucap> help

help
^ ? bad command
gnucap>

(actual run of gnucap, my working version, with everything moved
to plugins and no plugins installed).