Re: gEDA-user: Re: VMPlayer Image

I've been thinking about VMWare vs a live CD for gEDA, and it seems that both should be available. A VMWare image is great for all the reasons that have been talked about. A live CD is good for people who just want to try something (no installation required). I've been working on a live CD version which I would be happy to share (if people are interested and if there is a Web site I could post it onto).

It's not perfect yet, but this is what it is. It's an Ubuntu Edgey Live CD with gschem, pcb , gnucap, iverilog, and the support utilities all installed. I pulled out some of the Edgey language support and the Evolution app to make room for the gEDA. Once you boot off of it, it also gives you the option of installing Ubuntu on your hard drive. (This has some interesting possibilities for VMWare users. You can boot it under VMWare, and install it to create a VMWare image.)

Steve