Re: gEDA-user: Ones & Zeros Technologies Pays PCB Design Engineers Royalties Same as Artists and Musicians

On Thursday 22 February 2007 19:45, Andy Peters wrote:

> > I'm sure this has problems in so many different ways,
> > but thought you'd find it interesting none the less:

> It's all work for hire, unless the agreement specifically says
> otherwise.

Yes, that was number one on my problem list.  It gets
really ugly during buyouts, where the company is sold
off to different people.  Someone owns the production
rights and has physical possession of the Gerber files, but someone
else owns the Intellectual Property, the PCB source files.
Messy.  Only people that make out are the lawyers.