Re: gEDA-user: Ones & Zeros Technologies Pays PCB Design Engineers Royalties Same as Artists and Musicians

On Feb 22, 2007, at 5:38 PM, Bob Paddock wrote:

I'm sure this has problems in so many different ways, but thought you'd find it interesting none the less:

http://www.pcb007.com/anm/templates/article.aspx? articleid=14561&zoneid=79&v=

"OZT has revolutionized the industry by announcing the company's plans to additionally compensate design engineers
for production of their PCB designs. No method exists today for PCB designers to track and/or benefit from the current
and future production runs of their designs. This new business method should create a paradigm shift in the industry,"
states Todd Stewart, CEO of OZT.

By registering with http://www.microgrouppcb.com/ , a division of OZT, the design engineer receives a unique registration identifier ("ID")
administered from the client system. This ID is perpetually assigned to the PCB Design Engineer....

Get the full article here:
http://www.pcb007.com/anm/templates/article.aspx? articleid=14561&zoneid=79&v=

Has anyone noticed a revolution in PCB design? I've apparently missed it. :-)

Anyone signing up?

All well and good, except for the part in most employee/contractor agreements which stipulates, "the company paying you the money owns everything."

It's all work for hire, unless the agreement specifically says otherwise.

-a