Re: gEDA-user: Re: New gEDA Suite CD test release available

Hmmmmm, probably not as intended.  The installer holds tarball of all
the programs in teh gEDA Suite.  There is a frozen Python executable
which oversees using your computer's build tools to open the tarballs
and build all tools from source.

Of course, you can use the tarballs on the .iso since they are just
tarballs & will do the right thing anywhere.  That is, you can use the
.iso as a convenient way to download all the components of the gEDA
Suite, without having to visit each and every tool's individual
website.  However, the frozen Python executable was built on a 32 bit
x86 Linux box, so will likely only work on a 32 bit x86 Linux box.

But you could always try it out and let us know what happens!

Stuart