gEDA-user: Help - please

People,

I need some help here.  I'm trying to work with _LARGE_ symbols and
footprints.  In the smaller case, over 1100 pins and in the larger case
over 1700 pins.  In order to make the information more readable, I have
broken the symbols into slots, 4 in the smaller case and 6 in the larger
case.  Since none of the slots within a symbol share any common pins, I
have deleted the slotdef attribute from the symbols.  I have included
slotnum and slot.

I should warn here that most of my work so far has been with the smaller
symbols/footprint, but in the limited testing on the larger one I have
seen the same problems.

In particular, each symbol slot has approximately 50 GND connections
(again I emphasize none of these connections are shared between slots).
In the 1100 pin case, this makes about 200 GND connections total.

To run gsch2pcb I have created a project1 file in which I can tell the
system which schematic pages to process (1 symbol slot per page).  If I
process only 1 or 2 pages, i.e. 1 or 2 slots, the system functions
correctly and I can enter PCB and pull up the footprint and view the
associated netlist.  When I add a 3rd slot the gsch2pcb program
generates an error message and the generated netlist contains the GND
netname, but has no associated connection list.

I have experimented with this process, and it appears to work properly
for any 2 slots, and fails anytime there are 3 or more slots.

Is there any possibility that I am exceeding an array bound (in either
gsch2pcb or gnetlist) which would produce this problem, and more
important, how do I resolve the issue?

Help would be greatly appreciated.  This is an important project and
further delays would cause serious problems.

    Harold Skank