Re: gEDA-user: PCB slowdown?

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 08:27:24PM -0500, Dan McMahill wrote:

> Probably the polygon clipper code.  After the initial loading is it
> faster to zoom and pan?

I thought that might be it, but my recent hacking on autocrop led me
to believe that polygons would only be "plowed" when necessary, and the
SBC PCB is slow to zoom and pan.  Faster as you get closer in, so maybe
it's proportional to how much is visible.

> Makes me wonder if polygons in pcb need to have a "poured/unpoured"
> state.  In the unpoured state it would be like it wasn't there except
> the outline would remain.  In the poured state, it would be there along
> with all clearances, thermals, etc.

In Eagle the polygons are re-cleared only when you request a ratsnest.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>