Re: gEDA-user: PCB slowdown?

> Probably the polygon clipper code.  After the initial loading is it
> faster to zoom and pan?

Probably is.  If you disable the two inner layer, it's normal speed.
If you view just one inner layer, it's slow.

> Makes me wonder if polygons in pcb need to have a "poured/unpoured"
> state.  In the unpoured state it would be like it wasn't there except
> the outline would remain.  In the poured state, it would be there along
> with all clearances, thermals, etc.

Lesstif has a "thindraw polygons" option that does basically that.
Unfortunately, the clipper makes it useless because it doesn't know
about the flag, so you see hundreds of polygon slice outlines.  I need
to move all the thindraw stuff to one place to get that functionality
back.