Re: gEDA-user: PCB slowdown?

Ben Jackson wrote:
I just pulled up Darrel Harmon's single board computer to test a plugin
I'm working on.  I'm on the latest PCB CVS, minus a day or so.  It takes
my computer about 4 seconds to redraw if you can see the whole thing.
I went back to 20060822 and it's much faster, essentially no lag for
drawing the same board.

Any ideas what might be causing that?  I might build a profiling version
and poke around if no one has any ideas.

Probably the polygon clipper code. After the initial loading is it faster to zoom and pan?

Makes me wonder if polygons in pcb need to have a "poured/unpoured" state. In the unpoured state it would be like it wasn't there except the outline would remain. In the poured state, it would be there along with all clearances, thermals, etc.

-Dan