Re: gEDA-user: nets in symbols

Marc Moreau wrote:
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:06:57 +0000
Seb James <seb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Instead of using the nets GND and +5V, I have gnd_left and gnd_right and
+5v_left and +5v_right.

Can I redefine the nets for those pins after I
placed the symbol in my schematic?

Looking at your symbol, it might be nice to split your symbol by application. ie one symbol for each isolated half.
Just give them the same refdes and all is well.

[jg]making a separate symbol for just the power and ground is another ,(least effort), way to handle this -- then copy that symbol and give one group U1, U2, U3 and connect to a net with attrib netname=+5v_left and connect another group to a net with attrib netname=+5v_right.

John G