gEDA-user: google checkout buttons to implement SW development bounties

Stephen Williams wrote:

http://www.opensourcexperts.com/bountylist.html

That site seems to be the model that I had in mind. I'll rummage around and see if maybe that's what I have in mind.

[ ... the sounds of rummaging... ]

I see no way to *claim* a bounty, etc. It seems like a glorified
help wanted page. Maybe that's what's best, but I would like to
see a system that not only exchanges phone numbers, but allows for
the transfer of money (possibly via paypal).

I don't see an activity trail on that site... That would help give it more life. Besides paypal, there is now google checkout, which has free transactions to sellers until year end 2007. The simplest way to use that is to generate an invoice after the fact with exact price, then customer does a credit card deal (without showing you their account access details), lessening liability and effort required to do a $500 deal. For bounties, a google checkout button can be created -- no changes allowed, no adjustments, fixed price.

Creating google checkout buttons is easy -- if you have no shipping costs, (as in FOSS added to project CVS or SVN repository), you could have a series of them for small project chunks, and they get paid as you go...

Take for instance the $500 project. divide it into 5 buttons of $100 each and talk with the "not well known or trusted" customer and arr4ange for them to click and pay two of them after some work delivered, or all systems STOP.

Google charges less than paypal -- 2% after year end, zero now, just doesn't have as many signed up members as paypal, yet.

John Griessen