gEDA-user: Re: google checkout buttons to implement SW development bounties

John Griessen wrote:
> Creating google checkout buttons is easy -- if you have no shipping
> costs, (as in FOSS added to project CVS or SVN repository),  you could
> have a series of them for small project chunks, and they get paid as you
> go...
>
> Take for instance the $500 project.  divide it into 5 buttons of $100
> each and talk with the "not well known or trusted" customer and arr4ange
> for them to click and pay two of them after some work delivered, or all
> systems STOP.

I imagine clients creating bounties, not developers.

How's this scenario (method 1):

Client creates bounty by filling in a form. Bounty gets added to
a table with a "buy now" button assigned to it. Developer claims
the bounty by filling in a claim form. Client completes the
transaction by "buying" the bounty.

Or like this (method 2):

Client creates a bounty by filling in a form. The form includes
an offer (in a currency that the commerce system supports). The
developer claims a bounty by filling in a form with the claim
materials. A claim is posted with the "buy" button. The client
accepts the claim by "buying" it.

Either way, accepting the claim automatically closes it. The
second method might be better amenable to multiple clients raising
the bounty by filling in a "me too" form.
http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,