gEDA-user: Re: How to maybe get your favorite misfeatures fixed (was: Re: PCB question)

David Kuehling wrote:

>> Maybe we need to hire someone to implement the appropriate e-commerce
>> site;-)
>
> Maybe just use an existing site? :)
>
> http://www.opensourcexperts.com/bountylist.html

That site seems to be the model that I had in mind. I'll rummage
around and see if maybe that's what I have in mind.

[ ... the sounds of rummaging... ]

I see no way to *claim* a bounty, etc. It seems like a glorified
help wanted page. Maybe that's what's best, but I would like to
see a system that not only exchanges phone numbers, but allows for
the transfer of money (possibly via paypal).

Still pondering the issue.

For example, I have a day job, but sometimes I have a few hours
that I can use to kill a bug that someone finds important enough
to offer a bounty. I find the bounty description (including test
cases, if it's a good one) make the fix, and say so by claiming
the bounty. The bounty poster reviews my work, approves the
result, and the bounty appears in my PayPal account.

The client experience would be similar. Client has a problem and
posts a bounty description, including a bounty amount. If the case
already exists, he can add money to an existing bounty. After some
time, he gets a notice that someone is attempting to claim the
bounty. The client reviews the material (i.e. tests the results)
and if satisfied, clicks a button to mark the bounty claimed. Money
disappears from his PayPal account.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,