Re: gEDA-user: Re: google checkout buttons to implement SW development bounties

Why all that overhead?

The people who made the software have already established a
track record.  Anyone funding it will do so based on that.  We
don't need the middleman.  They can just send a check.

I can't see paying just anyone who comes along for enhancements
to an active project.

The only place I see for broadcast bounties I see is to get
something new.  I have been considering offering a bounty for
someone to make a good quality replacement for autotools.  It's
even on GNU's list of needs, but they want to do in in guile
which is a mistake.  It must be written entirely in "make"
and /bin/sh.

Steve:  At a OSEDA dinner you told me that you have had some
paying customers, who paid you for Icarus Verilog improvements.
You said it was not enough to quit the day job, but it sounded
like a lot of money to me, compared to average salaries where I
live.

What arrangements do you have?  How do you negotate? Etc....