Re: gEDA-user: PCB question

DJ Delorie wrote:
OK, I'm an idiot. How do I create a local (as in local to my design
directory) library of PCB footprints? All the documentation I see
suggests that it will automatically search in the "packages"
directory in the current workig directory. No?!

When you say "it will automatically search" what is the "it"? If you're talking the library browser in pcb, I think it won't. If you're talking about gsch2pcb I think it will.

Note that a local directory *overrides* the global one, as pcb only
supports one library at a time (er, one each of m4 and newlib).

Thats not really true. Only 1 for m4, but for newlib, you just use a : separated path (; for windows due to paths like c:\) just like a unix search path.

In my gsch2pcb project file, I do something like this:

elements-dir footprints

I'm pretty certain that you can include multiple elements-dir lines in your project file and gsch2pcb will search through them all. At least thats what it looks like in the code.

-Dan