gEDA-user: Re: How to maybe get your favorite misfeatures fixed (was: Re: PCB question)

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> I'll tell you what. I'll pay you to fix your bugs if you pay me
>> to fix mine. Deal?  :-)
>
> Fixing my own bugs is usually at the top of *my* todo list.  But my
> comment...
>
>> We appreciate all the feedback,
>
> ... applies to more than just bug fixes.  We also appreciate feedback
> about design choices, usability, documentation, future direction,
> enhancements, etc.
>
> We just can't do it all at once :-P

Understood. I actually use the Icarus Verilog bugs database to
get an idea where people's priorities are and it helps me not
get too detached from the real world. Besides that, I also have
things like standards documents to guide me.

GUI tools like PCB and gschem et al have it much harder because
they exist for usability, yet usability issues fall from the
minds of those who use it regularly (and learn how to work with
it.) I know it happens to me in my day job.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,